Win a house in Italy
Your chance to win a house in Italy!
Win a three storey south facing stone house with a sunny garden on the edge of Carapelle Calvisio, a beautiful medieval village in Abruzzo’s Gran Sasso national park.
Enter now to be in with a chance to win this gorgeous house in Italy, all taxes and notary fees paid. There are only 6000 paid tickets available, making the odds very good indeed, so be quick! There’s a second prize of £10,000 and five third prizes of a fantastic ‘La Vialla’ hamper worth over £200, brimming with delicious Italian food and wine. Closing date for entries 2 April 2019, draw to be held by the end of May 2019.
- The house itself is full of charm, and located in a remarkable medieval village with views of mountains, forests, and ancient castles...Bill, Trustpilot reviewUK
- The house is a real treasure - old and very nicely furnished with a little garden overlooking a lovely mountain village. It is quiet, surrounded by hills and beautiful nature.Monika, AirBnb guestPoland
- The village and its surroundings are very calm, perfect for those who want to experience something different than crowded tourist places. Also great for those who like to hike!Lenka and Petr, AirBnb guestsCzech Republic
- ...The house is every bit as lovely as it looks, as is the village which nestles in the mountains of central Italy...Steve, Trustpilot reviewUK
- Abruzzo is a beautiful part of Italy with generous, friendly people. I have been going back for over 10 years and enjoy every moment I am there.Bruce BurgoyneEssex
- Such a beautiful house on the edge of a pretty village in in extraordinarily scenic part of Italy.Sean, AirBnb guestUK
The Beautiful Surroundings
Carapelle Calvisio is a very pretty little hilltop village that’s tucked away at the edge of the Gran Sasso National Park in the province of L’Aquila, part of Abruzzo. It sits at 850 meters above sea level and is surrounded by beautiful wooded rolling hillsides with the high mountains in the distance. The summers are long and hot but not oppressive.
Because of the altitude the air stays dry and doesn’t suffer from the humidity of the coastal regions. The winters are relatively short with little snowfall in the village, clear crisp days with views to the snow capped mountains all around and, again because of the altitude, dry fresh air.
The area is relatively untouched by tourism and there is still an element of exploration and discovery when you go out. Roman ruins are free to wander around, wild horses gallop across the high plains and you can always find a seat in the local restaurants. The local food is exceptionally good and you’ll never have a bad meal. Truffles and saffron are the key specialities, but there are a huge array of dishes on offer. The wine is also fantastic as Montepulciano d’Abruzzo is the local grape.
The house offers an excellent base from which to travel further afield, too. Pescara on the coast is a short drive for beach days, Popoli and Sulmona have wonderful markets and are steeped in ancient history, and then Rome is perfect for a day trip.
The photos below are from our Instagram feed @your_italian_house. Follow us for regular updates and photos from the area.
How to enter
Entering the competition is easy! Fill in the entry form with all your details, remembering to answer the question, then pay your £50 entry fee.
We will email you to confirm receipt of your entry.
When all of the tickets have been sold, each ticket will be randomly allocated a number, and then the notary who will be responsible for signing the house across to the winner will make the draw. The lucky winner will be notified of the good news straight away!