Win a house in Italy
Competition now closed
Your chance to win a house in Italy!
Win a three storey south facing stone house with a sunny garden on the edge of Carapelle Calvisio, a beautiful medieval village in Abruzzo’s Gran Sasso national park.
TICKET COUNTER: 0 TICKETS LEFT... ALL SOLD OUT! (This is a manual ticket counter that we will update as often as possible. Last update 26 March, 10 pm GMT)
All tickets have now been SOLD and we have a WINNER!!
The winning ticket numbers are as follows:
First prize… The house!! Ticket number 5475
Second prize… Ticket number 582
Third prizes… Ticket numbers 3169 1295, 624, 716 and 2521.
The winners are as follows:
First prize, Luigi from Italy, second prize Isabelle from Australia, and the third prizes go to Nadia from Canada, Vincenzo from Italy. Pearl from USA, Anita from Australia and Tabitha from USA. Congratulations to you all!!
There has been such a huge amount of interest in the draw, we are thinking of putting together a new one to win another beautiful house in Italy. If you would like to be kept informed of the next raffle, please fill in your details on the ‘Enter Draw’ page.
- We had a fantastic weekend in Carapelle Calvisio, a tiny village with stunning surroundings, which is a great base for excursions into the Gran Sasso mountains...Friederike, AirBnb guestRome
- The village and its surroundings are very calm, perfect for those who want to experience something different than crowded tourist places. Also great for those who like to hike!Lenka and Petr, AirBnb guestsCzech Republic
- Such a beautiful house on the edge of a pretty village in in extraordinarily scenic part of Italy.Sean, AirBnb guestUK
- Abruzzo is a beautiful part of Italy with generous, friendly people. I have been going back for over 10 years and enjoy every moment I am there.Bruce BurgoyneEssex
- The house is a real treasure - old and very nicely furnished with a little garden overlooking a lovely mountain village. It is quiet, surrounded by hills and beautiful nature.Monika, AirBnb guestPoland
- ...And this area is especially wonderful and luxuriant. Even though this is in the beautiful countryside of Abruzzo it is not far from the coast or a visit to Rome.Sophus, Trustpilot reviewDenmark
The Beautiful Surroundings
Carapelle Calvisio is a very pretty little hilltop village that’s tucked away at the edge of the Gran Sasso National Park in the province of L’Aquila, part of Abruzzo. It sits at 850 meters above sea level and is surrounded by beautiful wooded rolling hillsides with the high mountains in the distance. The summers are long and hot but not oppressive.
Because of the altitude the air stays dry and doesn’t suffer from the humidity of the coastal regions. The winters are relatively short with little snowfall in the village, clear crisp days with views to the snow capped mountains all around and, again because of the altitude, dry fresh air.
The area is relatively untouched by tourism and there is still an element of exploration and discovery when you go out. Roman ruins are free to wander around, wild horses gallop across the high plains and you can always find a seat in the local restaurants. The local food is exceptionally good and you’ll never have a bad meal. Truffles and saffron are the key specialities, but there are a huge array of dishes on offer. The wine is also fantastic as Montepulciano d’Abruzzo is the local grape.
The house offers an excellent base from which to travel further afield, too. Pescara on the coast is a short drive for beach days, Popoli and Sulmona have wonderful markets and are steeped in ancient history, and then Rome is perfect for a day trip.
The photos below are from our Instagram feed @your_italian_house. Follow us for regular updates and photos from the area.
How to enter
Entering the competition is easy! Fill in the entry form with all your details, remembering to answer the question, then pay your £50 entry fee.
We will email you to confirm receipt of your entry.
When all of the tickets have been sold, each ticket will be randomly allocated a number, and then the notary who will be responsible for signing the house across to the winner will make the draw. The lucky winner will be notified of the good news straight away!